Monday, August 27, 2007

Wheeler Farm Family Reunion

We've been engaged for just over a week now and have wasted no time in getting to know each other's families. By that I mostly mean that this past weekend I met more of Talese's family than I will probably ever remember names for. Her grandpa really wanted to get everyone together for a big family picture. So, acting on the assumption that neither Talese nor I will catch a frostbite-inducing case of cold feet sometime during the next 5 months, I was invited along as part of the family. We met at Wheeler Farm, took some professional-grade family pictures and then engaged in some revelry, merrymaking, and even some attempted fratricide. Along the way I snapped a few pictures myself. We have yet to see whose turned out better, mine or the "professional."

As proof that it is an actual farm, Talese and Annie enjoy the sights and smells.

Megan made a new friend, unfortunately I didn't catch his name.

Just a beautiful young maiden walking along a scenic country road, enjoying the warm sunshine.

And oh look, the young maiden has found her true love and they are walking hand-in-hand down the path leading to their very bright future.

And here the beautiful young maiden is joined by several members of her family as they search through the grass for the lens to her father's glasses that was sent flying through the air by a poorly-executed, yet powerfully-hit strike of an unnaturally hard volleyball off the right foot of her brother, Brian, that crashed violently into the side of said father's face.

No comments: